Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dress shopping = Emotional Roller coaster

*Note: I am writing about wedding dress shopping but I can't post pictures because my FI is a faithful reader of my blog. *

I went wedding dress shopping this weekend and it has been a roller coaster of emotions for me. At first, I was hesitant to go. I am willing to admit that it's because of my size.  I have put on weight and this is NOT the ideal size I want to be when trying on dresses.  So I wasn't looking forward to looking "fluffy" in these pictures. Walking into the store, I felt overwhelmed.  How many dresses can one store hold?! There were so many styles and looks.  Who knew that white could come in so many shades! 

When I finally tried the first dress on, I felt a little disappointed.  It was the Jim Hjelm one that I had blogged about in an earlier post. That dress looks a lot better on that model.  It had too much lace on the shoulders.  It was eating up my shoulders.  I had been looking forward for so long to try on this dress and when I finally did...blah. It looked blah on me.  I just kept thinking, "Oh, no! This was suppose to be the one!"  But once I looked at the price tag, I instantly felt relieved. "Phew, good thing this isn't the one!"

I tried on about four or five more and they felt okay.  Some got a very quick no and some got maybe's. The maybe's weren't cutting it for me.  I didn't feel a wow factor.  And then..... I tried on the prettiest dress we had.  I felt so beautiful in it! The term blushing bride comes to mind.  I felt so happy instantly! But guess what? It was strapless!!!! I felt shocked.  What?! But I had sworn I wouldn't get a strapless. How can this be the one I like the most? But it was! I twirled around in it.  We took some pictures.  We talked about the accessories.  We discussed how great it would look in a church and later outside in a vineyard.  It wasn't too heavy or too poofy.  It was just right. (Wow, that sounded very Goldy Lock-ish).

The dress fitting ended with me having a big smile on my face! I think I'm going to try some more places just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything, but I just know I am going to compare every dress to that last one.  Of course, I also want to have my Mom help in the decision, so I have to make an appointment for us to go back?  

Is it really this easy though? I don't want to say I found my dress, but it feels like I found my dress.  Every time I think of me in it, I smile!  That's a good sign, right? How often do brides find there dress after the fifth or sixth dress? My last emotion on this roller coaster was concern.  Am I being too quick in picking "the dress"? Should it be a lot harder than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment