Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wedding Dresses

I am not ready to go buy a dress but I am ready to start looking though.  I might be going soon to a bridal salon just to have an idea of what is out there.  My first outing will probably just be my Mom and I.  Once I am ready to take this more seriously and buy something I will invite my Mom and one or two of my bridesmaids.  In the meantime, here are some pics of dresses that I am liking.

I've thought about what I'm looking for and I want something with a v neck (not to low, though), low back, and thin straps. 

This one is my absolute favorite, but the v is a little too low for me. I like the ribbon around the waist too. Although, I don't know that I would like that when I try it on.
This one is kind of a mermaid type dress.  Very elegant.

You can see the back on this one.  Can you picture this dress outside, by the trees or in the vineyard?




















Although this one is strapless, I love how the lace peaks through on the top.   I am not completely against strapless, but I don't normally like how strapless dresses look on me.  The dress would really need to "wow" me in order for me to choose a strapless as my wedding dress.



















Can you tell I like lace?  I think I am drawn to dresses with lace.  When I go try on dresses, I want to see if that is the case.  I want to try on some dresses with lace and some without to have an idea of what I like.

Oh yeah, by the way all these dresses are by the designer, Jim Hjelm.  This is not a coincidence.  I really like his dresses.  I have tried looking at other dresses but I am just not drawn to them. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Jim Hjelm too! He was my fave and that first dress was actually my dream dress. Alas, he was WAY out of my budget, and any lacy dresses within my budget felt stiffer than expensive lace. But the good news is I found THE dress- not at all what I thought I wanted but perfect for me.

    GOOD LUCK!! I hope you get a Jim Hjelm so I can oooh and ahhh you!

    -Miss Pug

    ReplyDelete