Monday, November 23, 2009

Shoes! I'm addicted!

My shoe obsession - I think it started back when I was a little girl. My mom had the best heals, or so they seemed to me. It seemed like she had a closet full and in all kinds of colors. I always wanted to play house and wear them.  Of course, my mom wouldn't let me.  When a pair was really old though, she'd finally let me have them. Ha, I can still remember wearing my heals with socks, using chapstick as lipstick, and wearing all my plastic jewelry I could find. I was playing "grown up" and I always needed heels for that!

Fast forward to now, and I am a self-proclaimed shoe-aholic. I don't think anyone that knows me would deny it, though. I don't know what it is but I am just drawn to them. Flats, flip flops, sandals, boots, but especially heals! I still have this idea in my head from my childhood that heals make you a grown up. Heels help me feel grown up and lady-like.

It's hard to walk into a department store and not walk by the shoe department.  I just have to look and see what they have. Well, about a month ago I was walking through Macy's and saw these. They are Carlos by Carlos Santana.




I stopped in my tracks and my jaw dropped.  They are gorgeous! I instantly thought of my wedding because they are pretty much one of colors of my wedding.  They look so girly and feminine.  Also, the ruffles up front remind me of the headbands and fabric ruffled belts that are really in right now. The label says they are a bordo color, which remind me of wine, which reminds me of wineries, which reminds me of where we're getting married.  I just had to have them!

I bought them not knowing when I'd used them and I still don't. I'm thinking they'd look amazing with a dress for a bridal shower or the rehearsal dinner.  Either way, these were a great buy and I can't wait to find a cute dress to coordinate with them.

Does anyone else have a shoes obsession? 

p.s. This definitely not going to be last shoe post! I still have to find my shoes for the day of!

1 comment:

  1. OK. I LOVE those shoes!!

    I miss wearing heels. Ever since I have been preggie, my love for heels have temporarily diminished. I am looking for comfort with cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete