Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Colors!!! I can't decide!

I can't pick wedding colors.  Yes, purple is my favorite color, but I feel I always do purple.  Anyway, here are the two color schemes I am playing with.

The first color scheme is called "Berry Colors".  Think berries, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry.  The colors would be fushia, plum, and eggplant.  (Yes, the purple family.)  The second color scheme is called "Shabby Chic".  Think light colors.  The colors would be white, cream, and blush (fancy for light pink.)  I am not a pink girl normally, but I think blush for a wedding is so romantic.

Anyway, if you've seen pictures of our reception site, you will remember that it's very green.  I picture both of these color schemes working so well. So.... I went with my Mom to the LA flower district to see if I could find my color schemes in the flowers.  

This is what we came back with.  Pretty, huh!



Note: we aren't really deciding flower arrangements right now, just colors. So the flowers aren't adorned perfectly.  

This is the first trial with the berry colors.  I took more, but for some reason they didn't save on my computer. I put them out on my front lawn to have the green grass in the background.  I like the contrast of the colors.  The colors really pop in the sun.  I do like this color palette.  Oh... decisions, decisions. 


These two pics are my shabby chic colors.  Don't they look so beautiful.  Again, I think of romance.  It doesn't pop as much though.  The colors are more subtle. 



Same arrangement, different angle. 


Are you curious to know what I picked? Well, I'm curious too.  I just can't decide.  I don't know what I want.  Hanam, of course, is being supportive.  He says he'll go with whatever I pick.  So, it's being tabled for now.  I can't decide yet.  I need more time to think.

Do you like one over the other? Please, let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your blog on wedding bee! Great blog btw! I love the Shabby Chic colors and I love the flowers in the arrangement. Your venue is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your venue is amazing...I think that the Berry Family would be great. Only because the Shabby Chic is pretty and romantic yet it blends with the greenery. But the various shades of Purples I think would add a nice pop to the location....Whichever you choose will look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE the brightly colored flowers and can picture them in the bright sunlight against the green canvas of grass! =).....its me, Kat. I couldn't sign in to my account so I'm "anonymous" for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pop of color that the bright colors bring out...and my wedding colors are black, cream, eggplant, lavendar and hot pink. Maybe you can guess why I picked the first one? :)

    ReplyDelete