Monday, August 31, 2009

My man is stylish!

One of the first things I was attracted to about my fiance, Hanam, was his style of dressing. He has good fashion sense and likes to wear nice clothes.  So, when I mentioned that I thought it'd be cool if the groomsmen wore suits instead of tuxes, he objected adamantly.  He said that he always envisioned his guys in a tux.  He also said that a simple tie and black socks would be just fine. Now just to clarify, I don't have anything against a tux but the feel that I am trying to convey for our wedding is more of a "casual elegance" and therefore, I thought tuxes would be too much.  After a slightly heated conversation, we decided he'd be in charge of what they guys wear, and I would be in charge of the girls.

Imagine my surprise, when he sent me these pictures as ideas that he likes.





It's guys in suits!!! I asked him why he changed his mind and these are his exact words, "If it makes you happy for us to wear suits, then we'll wear suits.  No big deal."  Isn't he wonderful. 

The next two are of groomsmen showing off their argyle socks.  I am not sure if we'll get argyle socks but they do make for cool pictures.































And of course, the Converse shot.  My Sweetie does like his Converse.  He has them in black, brown, red, and I know he wants to get them in green.  Is this the style we're going for? Not really, but I'd be willing to compromise.  Maybe the guys throw them on during the reception or something.


What do you girls think? Should the guys wear a tux or a suit? 

4 comments:

  1. Love thissss! I want them to wear suits too but can you rent suits? I was thinking of just letting them wear any black suit... do you think that would look sloppy? So many choicesssss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've read before, you can't rent a tux. Los Angeles isn't too far from where I live, so I thought I'd go to the garment district and find suits. They sell a whole suit for $100. I'm sure it isn't the best suit but it isn't too expensive either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that a suit is a great compromise between too casual and too dressy. My FI initially only wanted to wear a tux, but let's face it...October...Texas heat...the suit won out!

    Love the argyle socks shot - that's what I'm looking for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Tuxedos are nice and I still do like them. But in the end, if it is really important for Laura that I wear a suit, along with our groomsmen, then we will do so. Afterall, even though it is our wedding, this is a detail that I will compromise on... JUST TO MAKE HER HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete