Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wine barrel decor!

We're getting married at a winery. Will there be wine barrels? You bet! Wine barrels are a simple way of adding a nice touch.  They add the rustic, shabby chic look and it doesn't take a lot because they are simple to decorate.  Just add some flowers, a frame, candles, or anything else that needs to be displayed.

Isn't this image great?! Adding some apples is a great idea. Simple yet charming. I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate raspberries or blueberries into our reception.  I'm not sure if it'd work but what if I put some in berries on fancy candy dishes or bowls and set them out on the wine barrels?
This last picture came out a little small, sorry.  But you'll get the idea.  Why not use a wine barrel to hold the cake? It seems easy enough and then I don't have to worry about having to buy and hunt for a nice cake stand.  The wine barrel will draw all the attention needed and a simple cake stand from the baker would suffice.

source

I never really gave wine barrels much thought until our wedding, but now I realize they have so many possibilities!  How else would you use them? If you have more ideas let me know.

2 comments:

  1. hi Laura, Your ideas are amazing! The wine barrels as stands fits the motif to a T! Why not drop a raspberry or blueberry into a glass of bubbly! it would definitely add some color to the glasses! :)Cheers! ~Kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wine barrels are soooo wonderful! I love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete