Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How to save the date?

I can't believe that I've reached the point in my planning where it's time to plan for Save the Dates! Save the dates usually go out about 9 months before the wedding and end of October will be about 9 months for me.  So I have to start thinking about what we want now because if I'm going to DIY (do-it-yourself) then I'm going to need some time to make them.  I am trying to think of what I'd like.

Maybe something simple like a calendar.


This save the date is really cute.  I like the idea of the tickets.  Does it seem personal enough though? I just keep thinking that a save the date should have our picture.  

Source


This save the date is a little more elaborate, but it has a picture.  Cute idea, huh, stringing the date? 

      Source
I like this one too.  Again, it has pictures.  I am not sure that we'd want to put childhood pics though.  Maybe just a picture of us together. It's a little simpler than the one above.  Picture and a string wrapped around.


Source
These save the dates are going to be my first wedding DIY project but I hope it won't be too hard.  I will make sure to post what I end up doing?

3 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of the tickets, but I think that's just because I haven't seen anything like it before.

    But, like you said, I really like when STDs have photos of the couple! I know a lot of my relatives will be coming from out of town, and don't know the future Mr. (yet) so a photo of us would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! We saw that you linked to our blog and we had to come check yours out. We like to see what brides-to-be are thinking about, worried about, or inspired by. We've done a few weddings with the cute chair signs and they're a huge hit. We hope everything is going well!

    Stacy

    P.S - We're starting a series on picking your vendors this month. If you have any questions, or requests, let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, I like the photo idea and the ticket save the dates. Let me know if you need any help with the DIY save the date project. thx
    Kristyn

    ReplyDelete